What is "SUIZAN"?
SUIZAN, a Japanese brand, creates the highest quality Japanese hand tools.
With a history of over 100 years, all of the processes are completed in one of Japan's towns known for their craftsmanship: Sanj? in Niigata prefecture.
That's why our products are highly appreciated by many woodworkers. One of the Japanese Tools
There are a couple of differences between Western tools and Japanese tools.
In many cases, Japanese tools are lighter and simpler than Western ones because Japanese tools are minimally designed and there is no unnecessary waste.
Nowadays, the Japanese tools has become a popular tool in woodcrafting around the world due to its high quality. This is a Japanese Kanna
SUIZAN's kanna is a small kanna that has one blade.
It is simply composed of the kanna-dai (wooden body) and the kanna-mi (blade).
One blade kannas are light to use and results in beautiful surfaces. HOW TO USE
1. Holde kanna with both hands and pull towards you.
2. As your body weight moves, pull the kanna towards you at the same time. There is no need to apply excess power. HOW TO ADJUST THE BLADE
- When you are taking out the blade, use a hammer to lightly hit the top corners of the body.
When either the right or left side of the blade protrude too much, lightly tap on the same side as the protruding blade
- When placing the blade, gently tap the top of the blade with a hammer. The blade should be protruding around 0.05?0.2?.
Although the Japanese plane is not a hard tool to use, please be aware that if
- you are pulling in the opposite direction as the grain direction
- the blade is protruding too much
there is a possibility that the plane will not work well.